Followers

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

A few cards that I have made

As I am new card crafting it has been confusing as to how cards are put together, what looks good and what just looks downright tacky.

The machines that I have to work with are a Silhouette Cameo, a Grand Calibur and a Sizzix Bigshot.  All together I can not decide which one is best as they all do different things and depending on my mood as to which one I can be bothered to get out at the time.  My latest addition to the die cutting family machines is the Sizzix Texture Boutique I was lucky enough to get this for only £5 and its great for when in the evening i can just make loads of embossed papers of all sizes, as the machine is just tiny and fits on my small coffee table a picture of this is below.

As for the actual die cuts and embossing folders I have a mix of Spellbinders and Tattered Lace, I have a great collection of around 70+ dies and sometimes having so many can make decisions even harder instead of easier.

When I first started I used Hunkydory and these are great for making cards in bulk or in a short amount of time.  I mainly stuck to these types of cards, as all you did was build them up and add your own little quirks like ribbons, sentiments and embelishments.

Now Im happy to say I'm getting more confident in using different types of card, dies and embellishments including  ribbons etc.

Below are just a few of my designs that will be ready to go on my website soon. The only problem I have is setting up how much to pay as you can walk into almost any who now and buy a card for around 99p but it will be a plain printed card in multiple supply, where as a handmade card is specific and unique.  That is unless there is a commission on a card and the same design is ordered.

Well I'm going to go now and have another rumble through my cards to get some ideas as I have website I need to get up and running.















No comments: