Well I went to the craft show at the Excel on the 5th April and as it was my first, I have to say I loved it there were so many stalls and demonstrations going on that my feet ached for days afterwards.
My highlight of the day was meeting Carly Duff from Creata she is so sweet and friendly it was a pleasure to actually shop with her input.
There was so many bargains like the 12 x12 papers that are usually around £15 were only £6.00 so i grabbed a couple of those, along with a few dies or what i thought were dies but are actually metal shims that only emboss but i still like them.
I was a little disappointed though at the lack of bling for cards there's not really much unusual styles in the UK that I have found, want2scrap have a load of different types but the postage is very high so would not be worth while unless I'm buying with a group of ladies which alas I don't have around me.
Below are just a few pictures of some of the goodies that I have brought from the show.
So far I have only used the baby girl and boy dies and will post a picture of that too, it was a quick card so nothing special just to see how they look once together.
Whilst on the visit to the excel I was introduced to the WI and I am thinking of joining my local institute so that I can learn and expand on my crafting as I am new and still trying out new ideas. The ladies at the Excel were very friendly, and I just hope they are the same where I am as its an all together great area most of the time, but where the WI is its a more nicer area so hopefully it will be a nice warm and friendly place to go once a month to the meetings as well as to the crafting retreats they have available too.
Well I'm gonna sign off and wish everyone a great bank holiday weekend and hope you don't eat too much chocolate ;-)











No comments:
Post a Comment